antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20070822

Stardate: -316640.71

I guess it's easy to figure out that I like black and white photography when I post a black and white picture of Crater Lake, easily one of the bluest lakes in the world, especially on a day like this one.

Bethany and I went camping there with Vjera and Eddie a couple weekends ago. We camped on Diamond Lake, which in its own right is a very good lake, then spent the next day driving most of the way around the rim of the more famous one. We had a good time, definitely helped by the fact that both Bethany and I like taking pictures. There's not a whole lot to do at Crater Lake except look at it and marvel at its blueness.

Bethany and I also spent a day at the Oregon Coast visiting my friend Krysten from Life. She was staying with her grandparents in Waldport. We spent hours talking to her, telling her the story of our friendship, and took a walk on a foggy beach. What fog lacks in beauty, it gains in surreality.

I went to orientation at George Fox Evangelical Seminary last week, which was a mostly boring two hours interrupted by a hilarious librarian and punctuated with heartfelt, brief addresses by a good portion of the faculty. Everyone seems very intent to challenge us spiritually and emotionally and not just academically, which is refreshing at an institution of higher education.

I have registered for seven credits, and might add another class if I can fit it into my schedule. I don't know if carpooling is going to work out as well as I had hoped, but in any event, one day a week is very manageable, especially when my car gets good gas mileage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home