antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20070806

Stardate: -316596.01

Having recently found out that I will probably have no games during the month of August, the most recent question imperative for me to answer is, what exactly am I going to do with my free time?

On the one hand, though I have had a couple brief stints of temporary work during the last three months, I'm not exactly excited to do more right now. Perhaps that is because of the reality of starting at seminary in just over four weeks, and the accompanying shift of focus that means. Also, I don't want to look for a new job, though there are certainly advantages to having something more consistent than I do right now. I'm going to be full-time at seminary, and that means I won't be full-time at work.

What remains is to make use of the time in other ways. I read a lot, more than I have at any point since I came back to Oregon. It's no secret that I spend a lot of time with Bethany. However, the new thing that I want to jump start is writing. If it is a gift that I possess, I need to start developing it; and there's no reason to wait for seminary to do that for me. Blogging is good, and I hope to post more than I have recently. But I have a suspicion that blogging is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

It's highly unlikely that all of the things I write about will end up in blog posts. But rest assured, those of you who are faithful readers have a front row seat, so keep your eye on profundus sententia (link is on the sidebar).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So... how is the writing going?

23:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home