antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20070619

Stardate: -316464.8

I won't say a whole lot in this post. I apologize to my faithful readers that it has been so long. Most of you know something about the extenuating circumstances of my life, one of the lesser effects of which was limited internet access during the last couple silent weeks.

However, I will say that:

I have worked many games the last two weeks, in addition to about 20 hours a week for Lockwood Research, the company that my roommate J.C. has been an independent contractor for.

I attended a group interview at George Fox Evangelical Seminary, which was quickly followed by a letter of acceptance into the program that I applied for, M.A. in Theological Studies. Class starts the first week of September, and I'll be commuting (hopefully carpooling with other students) one day a week. I also learned from my parents that they have money set aside for my schooling which will probably add up to about half of my tuition cost for the entire degree.

I'm having the brakes on my car repaired today, so I'm going to walk down to Les Schwab in a few minutes to pick it up.

I'm thinking about blogging several times a week now to help with regularity in posting. Perhaps I'll just blog on certain days. In any event, expect more posts to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Good to hear from you, Luke!

21:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home