antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20070602

Stardate: -316417.97

All my good intentions to blog, and still it has been two weeks. I guess that goes to show you, good intentions don't necessarily get you anywhere in life. (See link below.)

At any rate, I did have a very busy week in there, helping my uncle fix up my late Grandma's second house, which we have been trying to make market-ready so we can sell it. My contribution was primarily painting, and many hours of it. I tolerate painting more than most types of work that I would classify manual labor, but still don't enjoy it very much. Nevertheless, it's good to make some money during the two-week break after baseball season.

Deja vu yesterday: drove to Harrisburg for a game that didn't happen because there were no teams there. Annoying, but did get paid for virtually nothing.

I also went to Portland last weekend with my friend Bethany, to visit my friend Jenae who just graduated from Life and moved back to Oregon. Certainly a unique individual. We walked around downtown Portland, hiked in a forest, and saw the Gravitram at OMSI (easily one of my most favorite things ever). The weekend before that, I invited Amanda to come for Bethany's first look at the Oregon Coast, which was an experience that Bethany won't soon forget.

Now I have to get ready for work...my first training with Lockwood, the research company that J.C. is an independent contractor for. They'd like to fit me into the schedule, at least for the next couple weeks.

Until the next time I overcome my procrastination...

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home