antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20080103

Stardate: -315006.82


As another semester approaches, I find myself in a transitional phase of my life, but at the same time feeling like nothing extremely dramatic is happening:

  • My relationship with Bethany is going well, nearing engagement and the time to start planning a wedding. All considered, we're in a very good place in our relationship, perhaps one that I didn't expect to get to this soon.
  • I had to switch to taking classes on Mondays this semester in order to get two classes that actually go towards my degree. This means that I'm taking a year off Greek -- not ideal, but a necessary detour at this point. I don't have anyone to carpool with yet this semester. I'm taking Christian History and Theology II and New Testament II, and a one unit spiritual formation intensive class called Spirituality, Shame and Grace.
  • Basketball season is in full swing, except for the two weeks off that just happened over Christmas. I usually do four or five high school freshman or JV games a week. I haven't been doing much middle school this year, probably because of an influx of rookie officials.
In the last three months I have:

  • Aced a Greek final exam and written a research paper on The Problem of Institutionalization in the Christian Church.
  • Followed the Blazers closely during their bleak and harsh month of November and their 13-game win streak in December. Ironically, I watched very little of those 13 games on TV.
  • Gone on my first dress-up-romantic-evening-out kind of date.
  • Got a flat tire on my bike on my way to morning work and had to walk four miles home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home