antiquus postremo

'antiquus postremo' is latin for "ancient future". ancient-future is a term used by the so-called "postmodern church" or emerging church to envision what the future of the church might look like if we returned to modeling the early church as described in the book of acts. anyway, ancient future for this blog just means that I'm writing about what's happening right now in my life, kind of like saying "yesterday's tomorrow".

20080103

Stardate: -315006.73


It's time to break the silence. Interestingly, three months without posting to this blog (I did post to my as-yet-undistributed Blazers blog back in October) is not specifically a reflection of a lack of time. Seminary has happened, yes. I had about five weeks of near-constant homework at the end of the semester, yes (partially from procrastination). It can be hard at times to want to blog when I have to write for homework, yes. But lack of time? No.

It may be more of an illustration of the fact that for things that don't come naturally for us, it takes priority, and planning, to do them over and above other things. I'm not the kind of blogger (at least, not yet) who comes home at 10 pm and naturally gravitates to writing a blog entry. My best writing is done in the morning, actually, or in the middle of the day. And as yet, I haven't made blogging a part of my routine during that time of the day. Will that change? Perhaps. I certainly would like to procrastinate less in other areas of my life (read: homework), and maybe it will carry over to this area as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home